Saturday, November 01, 2014

House Of Fun

It might not come as a surprise to hear that since I Posted the Francis Dunnery task back in 2006 I moved house. In doing so I created this amazing open plan space that meant I too could host a house concert. So I did! Many Times! and with other bands playing too!




Francis first played in my own home! back in June 2011. 



& again in 2012 With Backing singer
Miss Dorie Jackson





Then again in 2013 when I invited none other than Mr Peter Cox of Go West along to catch up with his old buddy :-


So my last ever house concert is next week (at time of writing this). It's only fitting that Francis will be the last act to play at my house.
Inbetween the Dunnery House Concerts I've also hosted some great shows for the following:-



These guys? - 'Twats in Hats' AKA John Mitchell (Lead singer of It Bites) & Songwriter Jem Godfrey playing a very rare and one off house concert. Hat's off to them (Literally!) for a thrilling performance. Very funny & very special, unlikely to be repeated anywhere again. Ever.


& these two? :-


None other than Gary Chandler & Martin Orford from Local Southampton based Prog Rock band Jadis
They played twice in June & September '14 with a full electric set up. Very loud indeed. Very bloomin' amazing too. Martin had given up live performances but was pursuaded to dig out the keyboards (& various other unique instruments) again for these gigs.
So there we have it - what was originally a task to meet my hero Francis Dunnery turned into me being influenced to host a House Concert, which in turn has led me to host most of my favoutire musicians in my own damn living room. Most crazy & bizarre, & would've sounded utterly ridiculous had I mentioned such a thing here as a 'To Do' task some years prior.
Along the amazing house concert journey I've met & made some very amazing friends too - fans willing to travel the length of the country to attend these very special & intimate gigs. To all of those I thank-you immensely.
Come November 8th 2014 there will be no further House Concerts. An end of an era.
“It is always important to know when something has reached its end. Closing circles, shutting doors, finishing chapters, it doesn’t matter what we call it; what matters is to leave in the past those moments in life that are over”.
– Paulo Coelho, The Zahir
(Unless of course Adam Ant can be pursuaded to play. But that's totally out of the question. Right......?)

No comments: