Thursday, July 17, 2008

Have I Told You Lately?

So here we are at Half-Way point of the Before40 project. Just eight (and a half) tasks complete out of forty. Not good progress is it. Just 20 % of the way there & should really be 50 %.
- So i got to thinking about this, & looking at some options my current thinking is:

1. Turn Before40.co.uk into maybe something more honest like 'before40 (+1)' & if all tasks still not completed by 2011 then maybe extend it again into 'Before40 (+2)'? - If you match the time taken to complete the eight tasks so far, it is more likely to be 'Before50'!! in the year 2020.!!
2. Change the tasks. This would be a slightly more controversial choice as the whole point in a "to Do" list was for me to complete the 40 things that I'd always wanted to do! - Some, however are proving just to difficult to plan & organise. For instance, will the England football team ever qualify for a Tournament? + Laurence Stone is improving impossible to track down.
However some tasks that i have achieved i would've never believed I'd have completed! - i.e. the London to Brighton & "Meet Francis Dunnery tasks". Now, After completing L2B twice(!) I have applied for the 2009 London Marathon via the The Children's Trust. I no longer desire to stay awake 24hrs. Not sure I even want to go to Glastonbury now.
3. Abandon, or put the site on hold?

So is the Mid-Life Crisis at an end? - YOU DECIDE!

Other Stuff:-

- In Feb I changed jobs after 17 years in the same company. I went back as a Manager to the place where i completed my engineering apprenticeship in 1990. I started back full of happiness & with a good feeling but after 1 month I started to get doubts. After two months I hated it. But leaving my previous employer made me (& them) appreciate each other more & has enabled me to gain a promotion back there that may never have existed otherwise! So now i just think of it as a 'Lost Weekend' or a Four Month holiday!

- I want a Nintendo Wii

- It Bites have a new album out! - First new release in 18 Years. MEGA!

- Sky+ is quite good innit

- Training for the marathon to begin in August. I now own a pair of Nike's for the first time in my life. That means i am taking it seriously!

- I intend to start a campaign to ensure that the BBC use Fleetwood Mac's "The Chain" as the theme tune to their Formula 1 coverage that starts back again on the beeb in 2009. Remember when they tried to change the "Match of the Day" theme tune?

I'll post here again soon. Promise

No comments: